I'm going to use Stumbleupon to find 3 things to use as reference for writing a song, It could be a hit, it could be a flop - but as every music teacher with any writing experience has ever told me: finish the song. It doesn't matter how cliche, ridiculous or boring it is to you - maybe one day you'll look back on it and see something golden laying in the coal.
And any practice is good practice.
I feel like I need the kick in the pants in order to really start on something new, so here are the three links that I Stumbled into.
1. I'm listening to X - Drink Y.
2. Fun Random Facts! (lots of stuff here xD)
3. A NASA space photo taken from earth's horizon
I've got my work cut out for me - this is my initial 'info dump' from these prompts...
1. Drinking while listening to music / Mixing moods.
2. "All of the clocks in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' are stuck on 4:20" / Time standing still / Stuck in time / Different stories occuring at the same time / butterfly effect
3. If you look at the right angle, what is dark is actually a lot of light very far away / Perspective / Beauty in the dark
Let me know if you've ever generated some randomness to inspire you - what works? What was challenging?
I'll update with the lyrics soon!